Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bless you, Caroline Reboux


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I really don't mind Angelina Jolie.  I think she is talented and I enjoy when she chooses roles that aren't her usual action-flick hot-chick characters, because she sure seems to do enough of those.  I haven't seen Changeling yet, but I really wanted to, mainly because I seriously got CHILLS every time I heard her scream "I want my son back!" in the trailers.  Chills.

The other reason is because of the cloche hats she wears throughout the film!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I really don't know why I am in love with these hats, but I am.  They are just so iconic of the 1920s.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I also found a modern version of these beloved hats by Still Life NYC.  They claim they have yet to find a woman who does not look fabulous in this style.  I don't typically wear hats, but if I had $300 to splurge I would definitely get one.  My favorite is the brown with the cute feathers!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

p.s.  Caroline Reboux was a 19th century milliner and fashion designer and is credited with the creation of the cloche hat.

p.p.s.  My apologies for the abundance of photos, I just couldn't resist!

7 comments:

  1. I love all these hats. I missed the film when it came out in the cinema, but I really wanted to see it. It looked like she played the part really well. In a way I hope she wins the Oscar, just cos I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i am so all about the cloche hats! And thank you for this post! I swear i was a roaring 20's femmebag reincarnated. I actually woke up craving some of that era, and you totally gave me my fix.
    btw, i love the header of Iman and David Bowie. It's looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hats are gorgeous. I also love that fur collar...lush x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooorgeous.

    I like how the hat in the third to last picture matches the scarf, haha. :)

    (And thank you for the link! Gareth Pugh is a deliciously talented GENIUS.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely, lovely hats..I've always wanted one.
    I'm a bit in love with the actresses of the 1920's...what little I know of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your lovely & sweet comments!

    i love hats, wish i had more, but i do have some vintage ones of my grandmother's. will definitely bust them out after being inspired by this post!

    x
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angelina Jolie plays the role really well and she is one of the best actress in our genre, no doubt on that. If you've watched beyond borders, I love that film. I've never been interested on hats, though they were look good. juicy sidekick

    ReplyDelete