Thursday, April 16, 2009

AE or Anthro?

I have 2 interviews coming up in the next 2 weeks with both American Eagle Outfitters and Anthropologie (the same people that own Urban Outfitters).  Not sure which store I'd rather work in; Anthro has better clothes but AE has much nicer employees and a much nicer store manager.  

Originally I really really wanted to work at Anthropologie, but after meeting employees from both stores I'm now leaning toward AE...  Plus they both would like you to wear their own clothing as much as possible while you work (obviously) and umm HELLO?! I'd rather pay $25 instead of $200.  Even with a 40-50% discount, which I would get at both places.

If you guys were in my position, where would you work if both stores offered you a job?  Has anybody worked at either one of these companies?




6 comments:

  1. Based on the merchandise discount, I'd go with Anthropologie. I like their "stuff", teacups and notebooks and things. I guess that wouldn't make it "worth it", worth having a worse manager, that is.
    But having a nice manager and coworkers is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, Id pick either one because my job freakin sucks!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with both. I've worked in retail before and I think it is better to have nicer co-workers than to be selling better products. I worked for some horrible people - it was no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you will knock them dead x

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the one hand Anthropologie has cooler stuff and is more fashiony. However, from what it sounds you are leaning towards AE and i've found that first insticts are almost always the best way to go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would pick Anthro, but I do have a friend who works at AE and loves it

    ReplyDelete