Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fall 2009 Accessory Report- Part One

I love when I open my email and notice a lovely update from style.com in my inbox.  That, and the WWD morning reports are great to wake up to.  So I was happy yesterday when I received the Fall 2009 Accessory Report, only to click and be directed to a huge list of designers.  After sorting through over 500 photos of shoes, bags, and jewelry, I saved about a quarter of them to my desktop with the intention of posting my favorites.  Needless to say I have to break them up into separate posts but who cares, right?  More posts for you!

Part one:  Booties!  It took me a while to get into this style, mainly because when I heard "booties" I initially thought of the akward, square-toed ankle boots my mom used to wear in the fall and winter.  Now I can't get enough of them!

To be honest I was quite surprised with some of these.  Designers that I typically ADORE (ahem, Proenza Schouler) really didn't have anything that were that amazing to me, except this one pair of boots.  On the other hand, designers that I typically don't care for, like Donna Karen & Coach, had some of the best (umm HELLO purple booties, I am drooling all over my keyboard).  It was interesting.


Brian Atwood suede bootie


Balenciaga suede cage bootie with suede sash


Coach "Alexandria" fold-over heel


Donna Karen suede oxford bootie


Salvatore Ferragamo leather laser-cut bootie


Giambattista Valli croc cutout ankle boot


Rupert Sanderson for Karl Lagerfeld patent leather & PVC boot with ax heel


Christian Louboutin hidden double platform suede bootie


Alexander McQueen black punk boot with enamel studs


Proenza Schouler suede bootie

Next post is...?

9 comments:

  1. I want it all, the one with the ax are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those booties are insane, I love them! By the way, we finally got to answer your question, go check our blog! :)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Nesli

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Rupert Sanderson for Karl Lagerfeld patent leather & PVC boot with ax heel", "Balenciaga suede cage bootie with suede sash" -> these two are awesome!

    haha can you share the link you're talking about? (with the huge list of designer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! those are so rad! love 'em! nice blog btw :D

    crystal x
    http://snazzymagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Balenciaga and Coach booties!! obsessed.

    thanks for visiting me! :D

    -kARA

    dreaminfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, "Balenciaga suede cage bootie with suede sash" are my new love. other than the Louis Vuitton spicy sandal, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMFG those McQueens and Balenciagas are delicious! Not suprising though they are my two faves for a reason. They almost never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all dangerous yet sexy. I love them all. Besides...isn't that what all heels are like?

    ReplyDelete