Monday, December 1, 2008

Hello little boys, little toys


I've been pretty excited about menswear for women ever since Band of Outsiders finally made a womenswear line titled Boy by Band of Outsiders (how original.) Because, lets be honest here, I've been so jealous of that line ever since I read an article on some in-flight magazine on an airplane to somewhere about the genius-ness that is Scott Sternberg!  But now us gals get our own piece of the "outsider" pie.

So style.com has posted some fabulous, and not-so-fabulous, photos of the Spring RTW collections featuring *drumroll* BLAZERS- the quintessential "menswear" item of choice.  Some standouts:


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

DKNY- I LOVE THIS ENTIRE LOOK!  The dress (paired with the jacket) is gorgeous.  With the exception of the shoes, I would totally rock own this look, down to the gold tangle of chains and the severely parted hair.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think this look, by Dries Van Noten, is beautifully styled.  The blazer is slouchy but not sloppy, and works because the rest of the outfit is so tailored.  Gorgeous shiny print!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Again with the shoes...  I can't decide if I really like this jacket by Ruffian, but it is definitely not the worst.  Something keeps screaming art-school to me.  It would look better with jeans and Converse.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Putting this one up here because, well, because Marc Jacobs is God.  End of story.  He can do no wrong.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Okay those shoes are actually pretty sweet... I'm actually enjoying this from Rag and Bone although I think for everyday purposes a plain white tee tucked into the skirt would do just fine.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was wondering when some schoolgirl blazers were going to show up, and this one isn't remotely Blair Waldorf or Britney, so props to Charles Anastase.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Okay, this one by Maison Martin Margiela gets my vote for fucking scariest!!!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And the winner is... STELLA MCCARTNEY of course.  The exaggerated lapel is genius and looks STELLAR in a sexy nude palette.  Gorgeous dress- Leanne, you were great on Project Runway, but take note: THAT is how you do soft and structured.  How many times can I say "gorgeous" in a post? Gor-ge-ous!

The rest is at style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment