Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What should Michelle Obama wear?

For the inaugural ceremony?  Well, a whole slew of designers have submitted their ideas for her day and evening looks to Women's Wear Daily, although her favorites are remaining hush-hush until the big day.  With good reason; I don't think we've seen a more fashionable first-lady since Jackie-O herself.

Some of my personal favorites:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think this one by Marc Jacobs would be gorgeous!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Fucking Betsey Johnson haha.  She cracks me up... Not sure if dressing up the future first-lady as a spunky prom queen would translate quite well, and I really cannot see her cartwheeling out on stage either =P

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

From my favorite tanorexic, Michael Kors.  I actually like this one a lot.  There's nothing better than a royal blue gown, especially one that sparkles!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Day and evening looks by Diane Von Furstenberg.  The white gown is one of my favorites, it is just stunning and a perfect look for Michelle Obama.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A day look by Zac Posen.  He surprised me, I usually love his looks but his ideas for her evening look were a bit... dated, to say the least.  This look is classy though.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Evening and day looks by Caroline Herrera.  I love the color and silhouette of the green gown and the day look is very appropriate.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oscar de la Renta's is my favorite!  I love how he incorporated the girls' designs, each wearing red, white or blue.  Too bad this isn't one she picked, even my boyfriend like this one!

More at wwd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment